- Organizers: Romanian Society of Pneumology, European Sleep Research Society, Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy Timisoara
- Date: June 13th-15th 2013
- Venue: Continental Hotel, Sibiu
- Website: www.conferintasomnologie.ro
The success in 2011 turned the National Conference of Sleep in a traditional event. This year, the program of the conference included:
• 10 scientific sessions
Polysomnography course of the Romanian Society of Pneumology – with an audience of more than 100 physicians.
• The first national exam for entry into the sleep competence – which was attended by approximately 40 conference participants
• Oral presentation session dedicated to residents.
• Oral presentation session for MDs and medical experts.
• Posters session
• Scientific Session dedicated to nurses where over 70 people attended, and which marks the founding of the Working Group of Nurses and Technicians in Somnology
• Meeting of the Founding Members of the Working Group of Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency.
In addition to all of these, was the presence of nine internationally renowned guests from prestigious universities from Belgium, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, and Portugal.
For the first time, a national conference of the Romanian Society of Pneumology succeeded to bring together over 300 participants.